Coordinates Chapter contact with students in degree-granting programs for the purpose of providing information about scholarship opportunities and Chapter activities and to recruit them as new SLA members.
1. Serves as a member of the Advisory Board.
2. Promotes, encourages and develops relations between the members of the Chapter and students and faculty members of graduate programs in library/information science.
3. Works in cooperation with Awards Chair for any student awards, if offered.
4. Contacts library schools to inform them of Chapter activities and scholarships and encourage students to attend Chapter meetings.
5. Works with President and Program Chair to arrange special student rates.
6. Works with Membership Chair to recruit new student members.
7. Submits announcements and articles concerning students, SLA Student Groups, and scholarships to the Chapter Bulletin.
8. At the request of the President, may coordinate interviews for SLA scholarships.
9. Prepares a report for each Board meeting held.