The Library School Liaison (LSL) coordinates Chapter contact with students in degree-granting programs for the purpose of providing information about scholarship opportunities and Chapter activities and to recruit them as new SLA members.
Qualifications: The person holding this office should have an interest in working with students. They should also comfortable speaking in public and be able to interact effectively with library school Deans and faculty. It is important they have contacts in the local practitioner community to assist students in gaining entrée to the regional information professional's network.
Duties include the following:
- The LSL serves as a member of the Advisory Board.
- The LSL promotes, encourages, and develops relations between the members of the Chapter and students and faculty members of graduate programs in library/information science.
- Works in cooperation with Awards Chair for any student awards, if offered.
- Contacts library schools to inform them of Chapter activities and scholarships and encourage students to attend Chapter meetings.
- The LSL works with President and Program Chair to arrange special student rates.
- The LSL works with Membership Chair to recruit new student members.
- The LSL submits announcements and articles concerning students, SLA Student Groups, and scholarships to the Chapter Bulletin.
- At the request of the President, may coordinate interviews for SLA scholarships.
- The LSL prepares a report of activities for each Board meeting held.