Selection and Qualifications:
- Is nominated by the Chapter President subject to the advice and consent of the Chapter's Executive Board which also confirms the appointment.
- Must be a member of the Chapter.
Term: The appointment is for one year, however with the approval of the Executive Board the appointment may be renewed and continued indefinitely. Appointment is effective upon approval of the Executive Board.
Committee: Community Outreach Committee
The Community Relations, Fundraising Committee serves as the Chapter's community liaison. The Committee organizes and oversees a Community Outreach Project aimed to tap the resources and skills of Chapter members to enrich and provide support for a library or media center serving a local school or neighborhood.
- Solicits and organizes volunteers to work on the outreach project.
- Solicits financial resources for outreach activities and projects through fundraising activities, donations of materials, and grants.
- Provides information on the Chapter's outreach activities and projects through articles in Chapter Notes and on the Chapter Web Site.
- Maintains a "Community Outreach" web page on the Chapter web site.
- Evaluates experiences at the completion of each outreach project and make recommendations for future projects.
The Community Relation, Fundraising Chair should be present at any meeting of the Chapter Executive Board and Advisory Council in which a Community relations project will be discussed, or in which the Community Relations, Fundraising Chair has requested a place on the agenda.
- The files, working papers, correspondence and contact information relating to ongoing outreach projects.
- Community Outreach Project
- Submits a written annual report to the Chapter President not later than November 5 of each year. This report is incorporated into the President's report that is submitted to SLA Headquarters, with highlights appearing in the December Chapter Notes.
- Completed files, working papers, and correspondence of any specific year shall be transferred to the Chapter Archivist for review, selection and storage.
Requests for reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenditures may be submitted to the Treasurer, and should be accompanied by receipts if available and brief statements concerning the nature of the expenditures. Unplanned expenses over $100 needs to be approved by the Treasurer and the President's approval.