The Chapter's year runs January to December. Board Meetings are held every month except for January, June and July. The DC/SLA Annual Business Meeting and Banquet server as the December meeting. A majority of Board members in office shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting of the Board.
The Annual Business Meeting/Banquet serves to inform all Chapter members of the Chapter's activities on an annual basis. It offers each member a chance to participate in the business of the organization. The meeting is held in December of each year.
Quorum - All Chapter members in good standing are permitted to speak and vote at the Annual Business Meeting. A quorum is fifteen members.
Chair - The Chapter President presides at the Annual Business Meeting.
Agenda - The agenda for the Annual Business Meeting is prepared by the Chapter President and does not need to be adopted by the attendees.
A sample agenda includes the following:
- Call to Order and Welcome
- Introduction of the Board of Directors and Distinguished Guests
- President's Annual Report on the Chapter Treasurer's Report
- Introduction of New Officers
- Presentation of Awards
- Address by Guest Speaker
- Remarks by the President-Elect
- New Business and Announcements
This agenda is a guideline and may be amended at the discretion of the Chapter President.
The reading of the minutes is purposely omitted.
The Treasurer's report should be very brief and general in nature.
The call for new business affords members a chance to speak on issues of concern or to make announcements.
The Nominations Committee Chair is the Past-Past President.
- March - Nominations Committee Chair will select a committee from membership. The committee will be composed of no less than 3 members.
- From April through July, the Nominations Committee conducts their search for possible candidates and composes a proposed ballot.
- August - Nominations Committee presents proposed slate of candidates to the Executive Board for approval. Elections committee is formed.
- September - Survey Monkey link to ballots emailed and notice published in Chapter Notes.
- October - Ballots are counted by Survey Monkey. Candidates are notifed by the Chapter President. Results are posted to the listserv and the November issue of Chapter Notes.