Position: Temporary Reference Librarian
Organization: Law firm
Location: Boston, MA
Looking for a graduate from an accredited library school or an individual who is close to graduating who can work at least 3 days a week. Prior law firm experience in a library setting is highly preferred. Thegoal, always, is to exceed the expectations of even our most demanding clients.
Duration of position: Possibly up to 3 months in duration.
Reports to: Director of Library Services
- The coordination of research as it comes in and the ability to work through more complex research requests with confidence. The ability to work independently, manage time and keep requests organized according to established procedures.
- Intake and conduct research requests using all online resources. May work closely with the Marketing Department with business development research needs.
- Ability to follow best practices to ensure service levels are maintained in the department.
- Ability to learn about a variety of on line research tools quickly and apply what was learned to requests.
- May be asked to assist with the coordination of training sessions for incoming attorneys, vendor meetings and any other meeting organization needed for the department.
- Assists and/or engages in other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
The appropriate candidates should be able to interact with all levels of individuals in a confident and services oriented manner.
Email resume and cover to* firstname.lastname@example.org *or fax to 617-737-6219.