Position: Information Specialist (Temporary - Maternity Leave Coverage)
Organization: Health Advances
Location: Weston, MA
Health Advances is the premier strategy consulting firm specializing in the commercialization of new healthcare technologies. Founded in 1992, Health Advances serves clients in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, and healthcare services industries. The firm is dedicated to helping companies build value through creative strategies supported by critical market insights, rigorous analysis, and thoughtful attention to shareholder value. Our clients range from VC-backed start ups to some of the largest public companies in the industry. Services include corporate growth initiatives, product/business launch strategies, market assessments and competitive analyses, and due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. The firm is headquartered in Weston, MA and operates a satellite office in San Francisco. Health Advances employs over 65 employees.
Health Advances is looking for maternity leave coverage during the summer; we are seeking a full-time to assist project teams with secondary research as part of the knowledge management team. to complement existing knowledge in Medical Devices and Diagnostics. Ideal timeframe is mid-March through the end of August.
- Work closely with project teams, assisting with data and literature research
- Respond to requests by creatively surveying both Health Advances' internal holdings as well as outside resources
- Stay involved with project teams and make proactive suggestions for resources that may be helpful to complete specific projects
- Maintain Health Advances' physical and electronic information library, including identification, assessment and purchase of new resources
- Conduct vendor/product evaluations as needed and manage vendor communications, including negotiation, pricing, and deliverables on information purchases
- Perform routine administrative duties including budget maintenance, journal routing, and ensuring news alerts systems are in place as needed
- Coordinate with other Information Specialist to work on a seamless team to address the information needs of HA staff
- Work alongside other Knowledge Management Committee members for resource evaluations and continued database development
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, preferably corporate information services
- Master's Degree in Library/Information Science
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare industry resources, including data and statistics, business, and clinical
- Experience with pharmaceutical and biotechnology areas strongly preferred, specifically expertise in the use of products from IMS Health, Wolters Kluwer, PubMed, and drug pipeline databases in addition to Windhover, Dialog, Investext, LexisNexis, SDC is critical, as well as familiarity with device and diagnostics databases such as GHX and IMV
- Critical resource/vendor evaluation experience
- Excellent communication, time management, organization, reference interviewing, and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitaskExpected coverage: 5.5 months including 4-6 weeks training to overlap with current Information Specialist.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Gaughan, Recruiting Manager, at 64186-CJBemail@example.com. No telephone calls, please.