Position: Technical Services Assistant
Organization: Goodwin Procter LLP
Location: Boston, MA
Goodwin Procter is one of the nation's leading law firms, with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. We are a hard-driving, entrepreneurial and dynamic group, working tenaciously for clients whose problems and challenges we treat as our own.
The Technical Services Assistant is responsible for the daily check in, labeling, distribution and shelving of materials received by the library. The Technical Services Assistant maintains serials records in the integrated library system, orders new materials for attorneys and the print collection and resolves issues associated with vendor shipping and invoicing discrepancies. This is a full-time position that requires 35 hours of work per week.
- Check-in, process and distribute library and office copy materials; assure proper receipt of items and claim missing items.
- Work with Technical Services Librarian to process subscription renewals, including polling subscription routes and attorneys for office copy purchases.
- Order and process new library subscriptions and attorney office copy materials.
- Maintain subscription lists and office copy records in the integrated library system.
- Research and resolve vendor issues associated with incorrect shipments, lapsed subscriptions and missing items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree; bachelors degree can be substituted for relevant experience in a special or academic library.
- 1-3 years of library technical services experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work quickly, organize tasks independently and prioritize assignments to meet fast-paced deadlines.
- Demonstrated consistency and accuracy with data entry and material processing.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and assume increasing levels of responsibility.
To apply, please click on the link below. Please be sure to include a resume and a cover letter in your application.