Position: Research Librarian
Organization: Fidelity Investments
Location: Boston, MA
The FidelityCenter for Applied Technology (FCAT) Library serves the global Fidelity workforce, concentrating on the information needs of the internal IT community and delivering timely research to support Fidelity's strategic IT decisions.
As the FCAT Research Librarian, you will be responsible for:
- our library systems
- research and synthesizing your findings
- collection development.
We are looking for a librarian with experience and interest in technology, both in how it can be applied to a corporate library setting and in a large diversified financial service firm.
You will conduct research using a variety of print and online sources and synthesize your findings to ensure that executives are making well informed decisions for their technology initiatives.
You will be responsible for our library systems, including our web site, federated search tool, and online catalog. We will need you to assess new information technology, develop innovative information programs, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing and proposed information technology.
You will be responsible for collection development. This includes assessing usage of current resources and acquiring new content. You will purchase books and magazines for the library collection. You will select and align external digital content vendors with enterprise objectives and integrate their offerings into our systems.
Education and Experience:
- Masters in Library Science
- 3 – 5 years library experience, corporate environment preferred
- Experience with library systems
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of current and emerging information technologies to retrieve, develop, and disseminate information products, services, and tools
- Knowledge of research methods
- Skill in consulting and working with information technology staff, vendors, and librarians to insure the needs of the library are met in the development and implementation of software and hardware applications and integrated library systems
- Skill in coordinating the delivery of online services and systems
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to synthesize multiple information sources
- Excellent writing ability
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits outsourcing services to over 20 million individuals and institutions as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans, the largest mutual fund supermarket, a leading online brokerage firm and one of the largest providers of custody and clearing services to financial professionals.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.fidelitycareers.com
Requisition Number: 1100486