Position: Referencing Services Specialist
Location: Wilton, CT
Infotrieve is a global leader in information services and content management technology for businesses. For more than 20 years we have been providing corporate information centers, R&D facilities, and legal, business affairs and product professionals in more than half the Fortune 500 with a broad array of software solutions and services.
We are seeking a talented referencing specialist with the desire to provide top- notch service to our blue chip clients. In this role you will utilize your strong online search skills to conduct advanced references work, citation, verification and copyright clearance for hard-to-find documents utilizing specialized in-house and commercial databases.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional recent college grad with a strong desire to work with both leading edge software and some of the most highly respected companies from a variety of industries. This position is located in our Wilton, CT office and reports to our Document Delivery Operations Manager.
- Ensure document orders are accurately matched to bibliographic records
in internal databases by consulting multiple online library catalogs
- Perform searches across specialized databases to verify citations and
update internal database information
- Locate source publications containing hard-to-find documents including
journal articles, theses and dissertations, periodicals, conference
proceedings and patents
- Obtain copyright permissions for hard-to-clear documents
- Initiate contact with publishers and vendors to fill document requests
- Communicate order status updates to clients
- BS or MS degree in library and information science required
- 2 years experience in a corporate or academic research position
- Proficiency of using citation databases such as PubMed
- Knowledge or university and library catalogues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prove customer service orientation
- Strong aptitude for learning new software
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.