Position: Reference Librarian
Organization: Ginn Library, The Fletcher School, Tufts University
The Edwin Ginn Library seeks an individual with strong reference instruction skills and expertise in professional library procedures, tools and resources to fill its available position of Reference Librarian. The Edwin Ginn Library provides collections, services and technology that anticipate and meet the research and instructional needs of The Fletcher School. The Library maintains a research and study environment conducive to exploration, discovery and knowledge creation.
As a member of the reference/instruction team, the Reference Librarian will collaboratively provide reference and instruction particularly in areas of international business and finance as well as international relations and international law. He/she will also:
- Develop strategies and materials to support these functions, in both print and electronic form;
- Participate in collection development in all formats, and provide library outreach to the Fletcher School community;
- Help support library information and information technology in a constantly evolving environment;
- Work to identify ways to use new technology to enhance research, teaching and learning through library resources within the Fletcher School community;
- Provide expertise and instruction on statistical analysis packages.
- Graduate degree in Library/Information Science or Business
- Minimum of three (3) years of related professional experience in an academic library and/or business information setting
- Strong familiarity with manipulating economic, financial and demographic data, including experience with STATA and/or SPSS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The following are all preferred: specialized experience with electronic resources for business and law; experience developing and delivering instructional materials and web content; understanding of ongoing developments in information services and technology; and strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Occasional early mornings, evenings or weekends.