Position: Product Management - Sr. Requirements Analyst
Organization: EBSCO Publishing
Location: Ipswich, MA
EBSCOhost Product Management team is currently seeking a Senior Requirements Analyst to lead the definition of new products and feature enhancements to our world-class EBSCOhost Web and Mobile interfaces.
We are seeking an experienced, analytical and innovative leader, able to grasp the big picture and attend to detail, tenacious about connecting with stakeholders and diligent about uncovering hidden requirements. The person in this position serves as the conduit between business stakeholders and the technical teams, ensuring a common understanding of the goals and constraints of the project.
This person is involved from ideation through the project life cycle, directing and facilitating collaboration with cross-functional teams to define new interfaces and features that serve our users and business. It is important to be able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, guide teams to the best possible solution, and advocate for the user throughout the development process.
- Research and author project initiation documents that lay out the business goals, proposes features and risks of new projects.
- Lead the requirements elicitation and definition process, pulling in the right people at the right time and tuning your communications to your audience.
- Write (or work with other analysts to write) clear, complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible requirements.
- Use requirements management tools to collaborate with technical teams throughout the project.
- Stay up to date with industry and competitive trends, sharing your knowledge with the team to foster our innovative and creative culture.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Listening skills, understand what people say, probe when appropriate and help them to articulate their true needs.
Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops.
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- Graphics & modeling experience a plus, to represent requirements information in graphical forms (wireframes, flow charts, swim-lanes, etc) that augments written documentation.
- The ideal candidate is familiar with library systems and the library technology industry. Knowledge of online database research products, institutional repositories, or federated search, along with a working knowledge of relevant Web 2.0 and social software applications as they relate to library systems and academic research would be a plus.
- Master's degree in library science (MLS) or equivalent from ALA-accredited school is highly desirable. This is a full-time, onsite (Ipswich,MA) position. Relocation is an option for the right candidate.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Architecture, Requirements Analysis, or Product Management in complex web-based software, search, or library technology products.
- Bachelors degree
EBSCO Publishing is entering its third decade as a leading provider of reference databases for students, library patrons, doctors, nurses, business people and researchers around the world. Always at the leading edge, we continue to work to identify new challenges and combine technology with data to meet the information needs of our customers worldwide. EBSCO Publishing, a division of EBSCO Industries, employs over 700 professionals in their Ipswich, MA headquarters.
Apply online http://careers.ebscohost.com/ (Job #2499)