Position: Information Specialist
Organization: Health Advances
Location: Weston, MA
Health Advances is the premier strategy consulting firm specializing in the commercialization of new healthcare technologies. Founded in 1992, Health Advances serves clients in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, and healthcare services industries. The firm is dedicated to helping companies build value through creative strategies supported by critical market insights, rigorous analysis, and thoughtful attention to shareholder value. Our clients range from VC-backed start ups to some of the largest public companies in the industry. Services include corporate growth initiatives, product/business launch strategies, market assessments and competitive analyses, and due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. The firm is headquartered in Weston, MA and operates a satellite office in San Francisco. Health Advances employs over 65 employees.
Health Advances is looking for a full-time Information Specialist to assist project teams with secondary research as part of the Knowledge Management team. Medical device and diagnostics experience is strongly preferred to complement existing knowledge in the pharmaceutical-biotechnology area.
- Work closely with project teams, assisting with data and literature research
- Respond to requests by creatively surveying both Health Advances' internal holdings as well as outside resources
- Stay involved with project teams and make proactive suggestions for resources that may be helpful to complete specific projects
- Maintain Health Advances' physical and electronic information library, including identification, assessment and purchase of new resources
- Conduct vendor/product evaluations as needed and manage vendor communications, including negotiation, pricing, and deliverables on information purchases
- Perform routine administrative duties including budget maintenance, journal routing, and ensuring news alerts systems are in place as needed
- Coordinate with other Information Specialist to work on a seamless team to address the information needs of HA staff
- Work alongside other Knowledge Management Committee members for resource evaluations and continued database development
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, preferably corporate information services
- Master's Degree in Library/Information Science
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare industry resources, including data and statistics, business, and clinical
- Experience with medical devices and diagnostics strongly preferred, specifically in the use of products from GHX, IMS Health, IMV and other device and diagnostic databases as well as Dialog, Investext, LexisNexis, Windhover and SDC in addition to familiarity with pharmaceutical/biotechnology databases such as Wolters Kluwer, IMS Health, and various pipeline databases
- Critical resource/vendor evaluation experience
- Excellent communication, time management, organization, reference interviewing, and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
Health Advances offers a creative and stimulating work environment, comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and a challenging career opportunity. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Gaughan, Recruiting Manager, at 64119-CJBemail@example.com. No telephone calls, please.