Position: Counterparty Research & Analysis Information Associate
Organization: Fidelity Investments
Location: Boston, MA
Reporting to the Investment Research Center Manager within the Investment Information Services (IIS) organization, the Counterparty Research & Analysis (CRA) Information Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring that CRA analysts have critical financial information about Fidelity trading counterparties. As counterparties change, the Information Associate initiates research to quickly obtain appropriate financial information required by CRA analysts. This role is also directly responsible for managing all aspects of a global virtual collection of essential data that CRA analysts use to analyze and issue recommendations about Fidelity counterparties. Since the CRA analysts' recommendations may impact trading relationships, it is imperative that the collection is accurate and easily accessible to facilitate the research process.
Additionally, the CRA Information Associate works with the Systems team to resolve issues and identify enhancements for the Counterparty Virtual InfoCenter (CVIC) application that houses the collection. Lastly, the Information Associate partners with other internal groups across Fidelity including FMR Compliance Risk, GDS, and FIMCO to ensure that the collection is accurate and current.
Collection Management: (45%)
- Provide management of CRA bank/broker dealer and insurance collections by:
- Collaborating with CRA analysts, the Risk team, and GDS, to facilitate updates to corporate actions and ensure data integrity
- Actively managing a digital collection of electronic financials
- Actively managing physical insurance collection
- Manages CRA subscriptions using EOS database and by working closely with other IIS team members
- Provides training of CRA library applications and procedures to various cross teams
- Identifies and implements best practices for support of the bank/broker dealer and insurance collections
- Directs and works closely with Fixed Income systems developers to identify and test CVIC enhancements
- Provides careful oversight of the automatic request/inquiry process
- Monitors and maintains CRA E-mail for delivery of financial reports
- Collaborates with the Fixed Income systems team in the implementation of workflow processes that, with stakeholder input, drive the development and direction of the CVIC system.
Inquiry Support (15%)
- Provides timely, accurate information in response to requests from CRA analysts
- Develops expert knowledge of SEC and other regulatory information to provide focused research deliverables to CRA analysts
- Uses internal and external tools to perform document retrieval and research corporate actions in response to request from CRA analysts and staff
- Sets priorities and coordinates archives/records management projects with FMRCo Compliance Risk to ensure retention is in compliance with archival and records management standards
- Works closely with CRA and the IIS Content Management team to support requests to retrieve or deposit archive boxes
- Provides regular reporting and statistical analysis of the collection to CRA and IIS Content Team management.
- Communicates content management needs and report on progress of CIVC changes to upper management.
- Responsible for updating documentation and procedures as changes occur.
Education and Experience
- Database management experience and the ability to translate user requirements to system developers
- One to two years library experience, preferably in an investment/finance firm
- MLS and/or MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to pay close attention to detail in order to effectively manage collection and applications in a changing environment
- Superior customer service/support skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff across various departments
- Ability to effectively multi-task and respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively prioritize and influence business outcomes
- Exemplary project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Solid problem solving skills, effective conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to apply creative and independent decision making skills
- A team player with proven ability to effectively work in a time sensitive, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated Records Management skills
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits outsourcing services to over 20 million individuals and institutions as well as thousands of financial intermediary firms. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans, the largest mutual fund supermarket, a leading online brokerage firm and one of the largest providers of custody and clearing services to financial professionals. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
http://jobs.fidelity.com/home/index.shtml* Key Word: 1005029